Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Songs With Actions

My kids love singing songs that have actions involved. When we start singing, they grin from ear to ear, they start jumping on their beds while doing the actions, and they beg for more. It doesn't matter if you don't have a beautiful singing voice. Your kids don't care. They just want to sing! Here are the songs I have come up with...what can you add to this list?

Songs with actions:
Itsy Bitsy Spider
Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes
Patty Cake
If You’re Happy and You Know It
If You Chance to Meet a Frown
Do As I’m Doing
Ring Around the Rosies
The Wheels on the Bus

For LDS people:
Popcorn Popping
Once There Was a Snowman
I’m All Made of Hinges
The Wise Man and the Foolish Man
I’m so Glad When Daddy Comes Home (my kids’ personal favorite)

1 comment:

kevin and angie said...

My 3 year old son has never been big on music, and it is so sad! I have tried actions, and that hasn't helped either. Another good song though is "The wheels on the Bus" which has a lot of actions, and one that everyone knows. It is easy to teach to kids, and most kids (I would say all, but obviously my son is the exception) love it!!!