Monday, April 7, 2008

Welcome!

Welcome to our new blog! As mothers, it is our job, no, our calling, to nurture our children. What an awesome (and sometimes overwhelming) responsibility! This blog serves as a forum for mothers (and fathers, if desired) to learn from each other and to teach each other. If we combine our knowledge, tools and talents we can help and encourage each other to become better mothers, and to raise well-rounded children.

We'll have a loose schedule of posts. On Mondays you will find a Theme of the Week Challenge. Que reader participation here. Put your creativity to work and let us know what activities, games, songs, and books you and your children have tried out on this subject. The more ideas, the better. Feel free to contribute ideas in your comments, or specify in a comment to this post that you would like to become a contributer to this blog. That will allow you to put your ideas and photos into posts you create and publish here.

Around mid-week look for a little pick me up post. Doesn't it seem like we all start to wilt around noon on Wednesday? Do you find you're stuck right in the middle of the week without any energy left? Well, this will get your mommy motor chugging again.

Whether you comment or post, here are a few suggestions and requests for our blog we would like you to read.

Age Our kidlets are all under 6 at this point. So our mental resources are naturally going to lean toward activities for the 3-6 age group. Don't be surprised if the focus shifts as our kids get older. And don't be shy about posting activities and ideas for other age groups. We're open for anything.

A is for... At this time Laugh, Learn, Love is a public blog, meaning anyone on the internet can view it. We don't want your precious little ones at risk, and if we have any concerns, we will make it private (so only invited people can see it). Even when it is private we just don't always know who is lurking on the internet. For that reason we suggest you use a first initial only when sharing those charming stories about your kiddos.

A Photo is Worth a Thousand Words We like good photography. (Ok, Deneal here, I really, really love great photography!) So we encourage you to take and post fun photos you have taken of your creative activities. BUT, for the reasons listed above, we ask you to be conscientious of what photos you post of your (or other) children. It's perfectly fine with us if we never see a face when you snap photos of the latest art project. We'll know they loved it.

No-Vent Zone We all have frustrations when dealing with our kids, and we all need to voice those frustrations. This, however, is not the place. Laugh, Learn, Love is set up to foster creativity and joy. So leave your motherhood horror stories to your emails please. Thanks!

That being said, thanks for checking us out. Hope we see you around often!

Erin and Deneal

11 comments:

Adrienne said...

This is such a fun idea! I am guilty of not doing enough with my kids and have been thinking how to break the cycle. Can't wait!

Liz said...

Hey erin, what a great thing to start! I will read!!

The Millers said...

Hey great blog. I'm always looking for new activities to do with my boys. This will help so much. Thanks

Rebekah Rose said...

Way to go girls. I think this blog is just what mom's everywhere need. I have been teaching preschool for 10 years and would love to contribute some fun ideas.

Desta said...

More amazingness from two of my favorite people. I can't wait to see your ideas.

Connie said...

Hello Ladies...I am excited to be a part of the new "mommy group!" Count me in to contribute where I can!!

Trevor and Jamie said...

You guys are amazing! I'm so excited for this! Kendra is just getting to the age where we really need things to do! Thanks for doing this!

Cyndi said...

Yeah! Im excited to check in and get some fun idea! you guys are awesome!

Shauntell said...

Beautiful work on the Blog. Thank you for being an inspiration to all women especially mothers of young children. I need lessons from you on how to make a blog so beautiful and interesting!

kevin and angie said...

I came across your blog on accident, but I am so glad I did! I am so excited to see the great ideas you moms out there have!

Kristina P. said...

I want to win, but I don't have kids. Sad. :(