Monday, July 14, 2008

Theme of the Week Challenge

My kids are becoming very interested in money. They understand that we use money to purchase things at the store, and they don't understand how "just putting things on the credit card" actually takes money also. We have quite an extensive collection of foreign coins, which we look at, read, and talk about which country each one is from on a regular basis.


I decided to make this week's theme currency, and I would like to see what kind of cool activities or conversations you can come up with. Something I will do this week is have the kids put a penny, nickel, dime and quarter underneath a piece of white paper and have the kids color them with the side of a crayon to create a "shadow" of the coins. That may be the extent of our activities this week, as we will be moving halfway across the country one week from today. But I very much look forward to seeing what you have to offer!

1 comment:

Christian said...

I am not sure how this works exactly, but I posted my ideas on my blog. Do I link here now, or just leave a comment? I love the idea behind this blog, being able to post your own ideas and peruse others. Thanks for the great setup!