Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Midweek Pick Me Up

Apparently Deneal and I are on the same wavelength, because I had this week's pick me up planned before I read her pick me up from last week. Maybe it really is meant for someone to read and maybe make some changes.

I love this proverb/poem, which reminds me that happy children are more important than a clean house:

Cleaning and scrubbing can wait for tomorrow,
For babies grow up, I've learned, to my sorrow.
So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust, go to sleep.
I'm rocking my baby, and babies don't keep.
-Author Unknown

2 comments:

The Ravsten's said...

Wow! It's a small world. Travis was excited to see your blog and says "bon jour!" and then he laughs! You must have had a great time. I think I got on your blog from Megan Kenney. Our daughters are the same age and Travis introduced her to me of course. Anyway, best of luck with the move and with the blog. Emily :)

Christie // lemon squeezy home said...

I love this quote! I have to think about it a lot more with a newborn on the way here in the next few weeks, but it is a great reminder no matter how old our children are!