Monday, August 11, 2008

Theme of the Week Challenge

Seriously awesome ideas last week, everybody. I am really excited that my kids are doing better at lunchtime, both eating without too many messes and having better manners. You guys are wonderful!

Just so you know: we will be doing all of your ideas from the brainstorming session in the near future, and we will be making a few changes in the coming weeks with how we do things around here. Don't worry; we'll still be just as cool...you'll see soon!

This week's theme is exercise. Besides the playground, what sort of activities do you do with your kids to help them have fun and get some physical fitness? I have a cousin who posted a funny story on her blog last week. She stepped out of the shower to hear the television turned on. She walked into the living room and her kids had the tv turned to an exercise program, and they were intently doing all of the exercises the woman was doing on the screen. They did it for the entire 30 minutes! If that's what it takes, then that's what it takes! I look forward to your ideas.

***UPDATE** Sorry guys, I totally forgot to get Mister Linky going this week. I'll start it up now, even though it's already Thursday! ----Deneal

3 comments:

Christian said...

Well, my kids are at Grandmas this week so I can't take pictures and post them, but we like to set up obstacle courses in our backyard. And if we keep changing them up the kids will play with them for a looooong time!

Gidget Girl Reading said...

we play red light green light, regular races, walk to the playground andn play for an hour and when the weather is yucky we play the wii fit!

Becky @ BoysRuleMyLife said...

OK, I'll just admit it now... My name is Becky and I don't have any organized exercise at my house. My boys wear me out!

Sometimes when they are running through the house and have too much energy I make them go outside and run laps around two trees. Does that count? LOL!