Monday, December 22, 2008

Re-Post: Sun Prints

Sun prints are so much fun for the kids to do. This needs to be done once it is sunny in your yard so fairly early in the morning. What you need is simple a piece of dark construction paper and items you want the sun to make a print of. Place these items randomly all over your paper and forget about them till late afternoon! Now after you're done you can take the items off and the sun has bleached out the paper around the items but the color is still bold where the items were! My 2 girls, 7 and 2, love to do this they make lots of sun prints and we save some to make into cards and some I use for matching games for my little 2 yr old! Try making sun prints today you can make all kinds from items around your house, nature items or cut out shapes and such! A word of caution if it's windy and your items are light weight they might blow off so you can use some tape or repostional glue. I hope you enjoy making this with your kids as much as I have with mine!

Midweek Pick Me Up
It's a simple little quote from a great man, M. Russell Ballard:
There is no one perfect way to be a good mother. Each situation is unique. Each mother has different challenges, different skills and abilities, and certainly different children.
Do you realize that you can do things for your children that no other mother could do for them? Regardless of their age, your children need what you alone have to offer them. (At 30 I'm seeing how much I need my mom, and not someone else's, to help me figure out life!) Don't waste time doubting your abilities or comparing your qualifications against someone else's; just jump right in and create those moments every day when you can laugh and learn and love together. You'll never regret it.

No comments: