Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Midweek Pick Me Up


I read about this a month ago, and it has been on my mind ever since. I should have framed it, or gotten it bronzed, but I didn't and now I can't remember where I read it! There was a scientific study performed (again, wish I had details) to see how much quality, completely involved time moms spent with their children in an average day. Even the moms who were on the floor the longest, up to their elbows in racecars or dolls, never spent more than 30% of their children's awake hours giving them 100% of their attention. This certainly helped me feel better, because sometimes I was feeling guilty for not giving my children 100% of my attention 100% of the time. Now I have realized that I work best in short spurts; if I give my children 100% of my attention 15 minutes at a time a few times a day, they are feeling loved and I am doing enough. Now, does that help you feel better?

1 comment:

Sarah Mickalson said...

That does help me feel better. Thanks for that!