Friday, May 9, 2008

Bright Idea: Glow Sticks in Bathtub

Thanks to Deneal for this fantastic idea...


At Wal-Mart, they sell three packs of glow stick necklaces for 92 cents. I give each child one to play with in the tub; we always take baths at night. Then I turn off the bathroom light and turn on the hall light. They are obsessed! They can stay in the tub for an hour, until the water is cold and their hands are completely pruney. Then, you put the glowsticks in the freezer, and you can pull them out for next time and use them again! When your kids thank you for the extra fun in the tub, you can silently thank Deneal and me!

5 comments:

Megan and Jon said...

OH I love this one, Walmart here I come.

Adrienne said...

I tried this back when you wrote the idea on your blog and you are right! My kids LOVE it! Great idea.

CAB said...

How many times can you freeze them and they still glow?

Erin said...

They definitely work twice, and if the kids aren't in the bathtub too long, they will work a third time. By the fourth time, they are pretty much dead. But for less than a dollar each, that's a good deal!

Anonymous said...

That's an awesome use for glow sticks!