Friday, May 9, 2008

Family Time

We had a lot of fun making Mother's Day cards! Well, the boys had tons of fun. I, being the neurotic mother I am, worried about the mess the paint would make on clothing, the table, the floor, the carpet if they flicked it far enough...you get the idea. But I tried really hard to let them have fun and not be a complete perfectionist.

A flower
This will become a horse

The whole picture: paints, palettes, and a washcloth to try to keep things under control

The finished products...beautiful!

Next, I found a book at the library called "The Family Book" by Todd Parr. Cute, colorful pictures and a great message about how all families are different but we all love the members of our families the same. It facilitated a great discussion with my boys about families.

No comments: