Tuesday, May 27, 2008

More on Music


Here in my family we LOVE music, not that any of us are musically gifted (or anything close to that) But we all seem to love what music offers us. My oldest can dance like no tomorrow! He has always boogied to the right tune, while my other son and daughter are more like me, just not coordinated! We do dance, to enjoy life. We may not be good at it, but it makes us happy. Try it out. Dance the blues away~

Whenever we need a good pick-me-up, we turn on music (kids choice) and have a dance party. Giggles and screams replace the mood.

Whenever someone is grumpy we sing songs, kids are so creative and can make the best songs up, with real tunes and all :) It is so sweet to listen from afar as your child sweetly sings to his toys about God.

No matter what time of year CHRISTMAS music can be found blasting through the halls in our home, I notice a cheerful, calming effect on everyone (even my husband who claims to think it is silly to listen to it in July) This is my vice. This is my drug :)

Music has helped us incorporate a bed time routine at home. When that cd of lullabys gets turned on, they know it's lights out and when one of them isn't feeling well they request we listen to the lullaby cd.

I believe music is an essential part of motherhood and childhood...........LIFE.

I WOULD LOVE TO GET SOME FEEDBACK ON FAVORITE MUSIC ALBUMS YOU HAVE FOUND TO DANCE, SING, AND CALM.

2 comments:

Margie said...

I was just dancing with my 3 year old today and had a blast. She taught me a new dance move and I taught her a new tap move. I love Dan Zane music. My kids love CDs that come with our Joy School curriculum. Anything they're familiar with and they can spin around to really.

Brooke said...

I don't know the name of the guy who sings the songs on the movie Curious George, but my kids LOVE him! All of the music they hear from him they love, and he really does have a calming voice. Ones for mom are Norah Jones and Dido. They are my favorite calming CD's. We really love to sing and dance to Sheryl Crow, Heart, and Styx.