Monday, September 22, 2008

Odds 'N Ends

Here are a few fun links Erin and I have come across in our blog surfing this month. These are ones that either I tried and liked or can't wait to try out. There are a lot of creative ideas, hope you enjoy perusing them.

Crafty Crow: This is one of my favorite places to find kid projects. Don't be surprised if many of the links I share are also found on here.

Sycamore Stirrings/ Muffin Tin Monday, Children's Literature: Have you seen muffin tin Monday yet? Such a great idea and everyone is joining the fun. Lately she has been assigning themes to go along with some of the Mondays, like Children's Literature. Check it out, you won't regret it.

Chasing Cheerios/ Storybook Puzzle Blocks: This is what I call a mom project--something you make for your children, but not with them. A nice idea for homemade birthday or holiday present.

Chasing Cheerios/ Sticker Book: ANother mom project: a simple, personalized sticker book for your little one. Laminate scrapbook paper and bind the pages together. Terrific idea. I intended to try it out on the long car ride, but didn't get the pages laminated in time.

Kids Craft Weekly/ Fun With Wool: This is taken from the most recent Kids Craft Weekly newsletter full of projects using wool (yarn mostly). Scroll down just a bit and you will find my favorite--the Hairy Head Pictures. Cute, cute!

I Never Grew Up/ Storytelling Cards: This is an idea I have been thinking about for the past year, but couldn't find a great way to put it into action. I am so happy to see what this mom came up with. I'm thinking it would work really well with stickers too.

Let's Explore/ Autumn Bingo: We like Bingo around our house. It happens to be the only real game my little one will play with some degree of accuracy (as in not making up his own rules as we go). This looks like a perfect way to usher in the new season.

The next two are Etsy Shop sites, and I want to preface it by saying I am not trying to get you to buy anything, just pointing out what cute things are available to buy should you be interested.

My Kangaroo Etsy Shop: I love the Personalized Crayon set. You can select the exact letters and colors you want. The other sets have lots of fun shapes too.

sarah = abraham Etsy shop: Personalized cards, stickers, and framed silouettes. These are just classic and precious.

There you go, have fun checking out some of our favorite finds for the month of September!

No comments: